How do I know if I have sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is linked with dryness and itching on the skin. If you experience extreme itching, dryness, and allergy on your face by using certain skincare products, then it implies that you have sensitive skin.
Now that you have discovered what skin type you are, the next thing that you have to do is to look for a solution. Keep on reading this article if you want to know more about skin sensitivity, its causes, and skincare tips for getting rid of sensitive skin.
Causes: Reasons Why Your Skin is Sensitive
Now that you are aware of what skin sensitivity is, the next thing that pops up in your mind is why you have sensitive skin. Here are some possible reasons:
- You might be suffering from some serious skin disorders like eczema and contact dermatitis.
- Your skin becomes excessively dry thus leading to skin sensitivity.
- You have exposed yourself to too much sunlight
SKIN CARE TIPS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
Here are some simple skincare tips that help you cope with your sensitive skin. All that you need to do is to follow these tips and you will get visible results in a few days.
Use micellar water for cleansing
If you use a regular cleanser for your face, that’s ok. But if you go for a micellar water cleanser, then it’s brilliant. The reason for this is that micellar water has tiny micelles or oil molecules. These oil molecules capture all the dirt and oil from your face, giving you clear and refreshed skin.
When your skin is free of excessive oil and dirt, you are less likely to get skin sensitivity or irritation.
Moisturize your skin regularly
Shop for a good moisturizer and use it regularly on your skin. When used continuously, moisturizer helps eliminate wrinkles and reduces fine lines, and in this way it reduces aging.
It also helps lock up moisture in your skin and protect your skin from getting dehydrated.
Apply face mask
Add face masks to your skincare routine and use them at least once a week for better results. It helps deeply cleanse your skin and remove all kinds of dirt and oil from your face and also keeps your skin hydrated and refreshed.
Try some of these DIY face masks if you have sensitive skin:
Oatmeal yogurt face mask
- Take 2 tbsp of oatmeal and 2/3 tablespoon of yogurt. Mix them in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your face
- Leave it on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Pat dry.
You can also use one of them:
- Honey face mask mixed with amla
- Almond oil and yogurt face mask
- Papaya face mask
You can also buy a synthetic facial mask but make sure it has organic ingredients that may not be harmful to your skin.
Don’t go out in broad daylight. But if you have to work outdoors, always use sunscreen. Sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher is generally recommended by dermatologists.
If you are going out, don’t forget your sunscreen as it gives you protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
Some other tips
- Do not shower with hot or warm water.
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
- Use skincare products that do not contain alcohol.
- Always read the ingredients before buying any skincare product.
- Do not use old cosmetics.
- Drink lemon water in the morning.
- Use sunscreen in summer and moisturize daily in winter.
When to consult your dermatologist
Consult your dermatologist immediately if you begin seeing these on your body:
- Skin erosion
- Skin flushing
If you have sensitive skin, then you need to follow a proper skincare routine that includes the use of micellar water cleanser, moisturizer, and face masks. Also, there are some skincare tips that you can follow for dealing with sensitive skin.